1. Install the camshaft thrust plate to the camshaft.
2. Install the camshaft driven gear.
3. Install a NEW camshaft driven gear bolt.
Leave the bolt finger tight.
4. Install the camshaft into the cylinder block, align the camshaft gear to the crankshaft gear as shown.
5. Apply threadlock to the threads o f the camshaft thrust plate bolts. Refer to Sealers, Adhesives, and Lubricants for the correct part number.
6 . Install the camshaft thrust plate bolts.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts to 22 N.m (16 lb ft).
7. Install the camshaft reluctor to the camshaft gear.
8 . Install the camshaft reluctor bolts.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts in a cross-bolt pattern to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
9. Reinstall J 44643 in the starter opening, if removed. See Special Tools .
10. Install a NEW camshaft gear bolt.
Tighten: Tighten the bolt to 234 N.m (173 lb ft).
11. Using J 26900-12 (1) and J 26900-13 (2) measure the camshaft end play. See Special Tools .
• The production value is 0 .0 5 0-0.114 mm (0 .002-0.0045 in) and service limit is 0.20 mm (0.008 in).
• Replace the camshaft gear or the camshaft thrust plate if measured value exceeds the service limit.
12. Install the oil pump drive gear and reluctor to the crankshaft.
13. Install the oil pump driven gear.
14. Install the oil pump driven gear nut.
Tighten: Tighten the nut to 100 N.m (74 lb it).
15. Install the engine front cover. Refer to Engine Front Cover Replacement.
16. Install the starter. Refer to Starter Motor Replacement (6 .6 L ).
17. Install the A/C condenser. Refer to Condenser Replacement.
18. Install the charged air cooler. Refer to Charge Air Cooler Replacem ent .
19. Install the valve lifters. Refer to Valve Lifter Replacement.