1. Clean the front crankshaft seal bore and the crankshaft.
2. Lubricate the crankshaft sealing surface with clean engine oil.
3. Place the crankshaft front oil seal onto the crankshaft.
4. Install J 44645 to the crankshaft. See Special Tools .
5. Press the crankshaft front oil seal onto the crankshaft using J 44645 until the tool bottoms out. See Special Tools .
6 . Remove J 44645 . See Special Tools .
7. Measure the distance between the end o f the crankshaft and the oil seal.
8 . The service measurement is 43.45-44.05 mm (1.710 6 -1 .7 3 4 2 in).
9. Install the crankshaft balancer. Refer to Crankshaft Balancer Replacement.