1. Remove the engine front cover. Refer to Engine Front Cover Replacement.
2. While holding the secondary oil pump shaft with a hex driver, remove the oil pump driven gear nut.
3. Remove the oil pump driven gear.
4. Remove the oil pump drive gear and crankshaft sensor reluctor. Do not damage the crankshaft reluctor teeth.
5. Remove the crankshaft reluctor to oil pump drive gear bolts.
6 . Inspect the crankshaft reluctor for the damage, bent teeth, being bent or warped.
7. Inspect the oil pump drive gear for damaged or worn teeth.
8 . Inspect the oil pump drive gear crankshaft pin for wear.
9. Inspect the groove o f the crankshaft pin in the oil pump drive gear for wear.
10. Replace any parts that are damaged or worn.