1. Install the drive belt, if equipped with dual generators.
2. Route the drive belt over and/or around all the drive pulleys except for the tensioner.
3. Install the drive belt, if equipped with a single generator.
4. Route the drive belt over and/or around all the drive pulleys except for the tensioner.
5. Install a 3/8 inch breaker bar into the tensioner opening and rotate the tensioner counterclockwise.
6 . Install the belt over and/or around the tensioner.
7. Slowly release the tension on the tensioner arm.
8 . Inspect the drive belt for proper installation on and/or around all pulleys.
9. Position the engine cooling fan shroud on the 3 mounting brackets (1).
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice .
10. Install the bolts. Loosely tighten the top mounting bolt at the oil filler neck.
11. Center the engine cooling fan shroud to the fan blade in 3 places (1).
IMPORTANT: Maintain a 6 mm (0.25 in) minimum clearance at all 3 places.
12. Fully tighten the 3 engine cooling fan shroud bolts (1).
Tighten: Tighten the bolts to 8 N.m (71 lb in).
13. Install the upper fan shroud. Refer to Engine Coolant Fan Upper Shroud Replacement (Mechanical) or Engine Coolant Fan Upper Shroud Replacement (Automatic Transmission – Diesel).