1. Remove the upper fan shroud. Refer to Engine Coolant Fan Upper Shroud Replacement (Mechanical) or Engine Coolant Fan Upper Shroud Replacement (Automatic Transmission – Diesel).
2. Remove the 3 engine cooling fan shroud bolts (1).
3. Position the engine cooling fan shroud (1) forward to the radiator.
4. Install a 3/8-inch breaker bar into the tensioner opening and rotate the tensioner counterclockwise.
5. Remove the belt from the tensioner.
6 . Slowly release the tension on the tensioner arm
7. Remove the drive belt from the drive pulleys, if equipped with a single generator.
8 . Remove the drive belt from the drive pulleys, if equipped with dual generators.
9. Inspect the drive belt for excessive cracking or any visible damage and replace if necessary.