- Install NEW O-ring seals to the flywheel housing, if necessary.
2. Apply a 2 mm (1/8 in) wide bead o f sealant (3) to the flywheel housing sealing surfaces.
Refer to Sealers, Adhesives, and Lubricants for the correct part number.
3. Install a N EW oil cooler adapter gasket.
4. Install a N EW oil cooler adapter to flywheel housing gasket.
5. Install the oil cooler adapter to the flywheel housing.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice .
6 . Install the oil cooler adapter bolts.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts/nuts to 21 N.m (15 lb ft).
7. Install the flywheel housing bolts, denoted by the black circles.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts to 90 N.m (67 lb ft).
8 . Install the oil filter.
9. Install the upper oil pan. Refer to Upper Oil Pan Replacement.
10. Install a N EW gasket to the turbocharger oil return pipe.
11. Install the turbocharger oil return pipe to flywheel housing nuts.
Tighten: Tighten the nuts to 21 N.m (15 lb ft).
12. Install the crankshaft rear oil seal. Refer to Crankshaft Rear Oil Seal Replacement.
13. Fill the cooling system. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (Vac-N-Fill) or Cooling System Draining and Filling (Static Fill).