1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
2. Position a suitable drain pan under the oil pan drain plug.
3. Remove the oil drain plug.
4. Allow the oil to drain completely.
5. Clean and inspect the oil pan drain plug, replace if necessary.
6. Clean and inspect the oil pan drain plug sealing surface, replace the oil pan if necessary.
7. Wipe any remaining oil from the drain plug hole and reinstall the oil pan drain plug until snug.
8. Position a suitable drain pan under the oil filter
9. Remove the oil filter.
10. Ensure that the oil filter gasket is still on the old oil filter, if not remove the oil filter gasket from the adapter.