1. Install the cylinder head gasket o f the correct grade. Refer to Cylinder Head Gasket Selection Specifications.
2. Install the cylinder head.
3. Install the N EW M l 2 cylinder head bolts.
4. Reuse the M8 cylinder head bolts.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice .
5. Tighten the cylinder head bolts in the following steps using the sequence shown:
1. Tighten the M 12 bolts a first pass to 50 N.m (37 lb ft).
2. Tighten the M 12 bolts a second pass to 80 N.m (59 lb ft)
3. Tighten the M 12 bolts a third pass to 60 degi’ees, using J 45059 .
4. Tighten the M 12 bolts a final pass to 60 degrees, using J 45059 .
5. Tighten the M8 bolts to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
6 . Install the valve rocker arm shaft, pushrods, and valve bridges. Refer to Valve Rocker Arm, Shaft, and Push Rod Replacement.
7. Install the glow plugs. Refer to Glow Plug Replacement – Bank 1 .
8 . Install the right exhaust manifold. Refer to Exhaust Manifold Replacement – Right Side (6.6L) .
9. Install the right intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold Replacement – Right Side.
10. Install the thermostat housing crossover. Refer to Thermostat Housing Crossover Replacement (LMM).
11. Road test the vehicle for normal operation.
12. Inspect for coolant, oil, or exhaust leaks.