1. Lubricate the rocker arm shaft (7) and the inside o f the rocker arms with clean engine oil, if necessary.
2. Install the rocker arm bracket (12) and bolt (1) on one end o f the rocker arm shaft, if necessary.
3. Install the intake rocker arm (9), spring (10), exhaust rocker arm (11), and bracket (12) with bolt (1). Continue in the same sequence to the last bracket, if necessary.
4. Push the bracket (12) to compress the springs and then install the bolt (1), if necessary.
5. Lubricate the top o f the valves, the valve bridge stem, the valve lifter bridge, and the valve spring caps with clean engine oil.
6. Install the valve bridge.
7. Install the valve bridge pins.
8. Lubricate the valve lifter end o f the pushrod with clean engine oil.
9. Install the pushrods.
To ensure the pushrod is properly installed, gently pull up on the pushrod. Resistance should be felt from the pushrod trying to lift the valve lifter.
10. Install the rocker arm shaft assembly.
11. Tighten the rocker arm shaft bolts in the sequence shown.
Tighten: Tighten the bolts to 41 N.m (30 lb ft).
12. Adjust the valve clearance. Refer to Valve Lash Adjustment.
13. Install the lower valve rocker arm covers. Refer to Valve Rocker Arm Cover Replacement – Lower Left Side or Valve Rocker Arm Cover Replacement – Lower Right Side.