1. Remove the lower valve rocker arm covers. Refer to Valve Rocker Arm Cover Replacement – Lower Left Side or Valve Rocker Arm Cover Replacement – Lower Right Side.
2. Loosen the valve clearance lock nuts on each rocker arm
3. Loosen the valve clearance adjusting screw on each rocker arm in order to relieve tension on the valvetrain.
4. Remove the rocker arm shaft assembly bolts in the sequence shown. Leave the bolts in the rocker arm shaft brackets.
5. Remove the rocker arm shaft assembly from the cylinder head.
6 . Remove the valve bridge pins.
7. Remove the valve bridges.
8 . Remove the pushrods.
9. Remove the rocker arm shaft bracket bolts (1), if necessary.
10. Remove the bracket (1 2 ), rocker arm (11), and spring (10), if necessary.
11. Remove the remaining rocker arms, springs, and brackets, if necessary.
12. If required, clean and inspect the valve rocker arm and shaft. Refer to Valve Rocker Arm and Shaft Cleaning and Inspection .