1. Disconnect the battery negative cable. 2. Remove the engine cover. 3. Remove air cleaner…
5.7 Hemi – COVER – TIMING – INSTALLATION
1. Clean timing chain cover and block surface.
NOTE: Always install a new gasket on timing cover.
2. Verify that the slide bushings (1) are installed in timing cover.
3. Install cover and new gasket. Tighten fasteners to 28 N·m (250 in. Ibs.).
NOTE: The large lifting stud is tightened to 55 N·m (40 ft. Ibs.).
4. Install the oil pan and pick up tube (Refer to 9 – ENGINE/LUBRICATION/OIL PAN – INSTALLATION).
5. Install the Ale compressor.
6. Install the generator.
7. Install power steering pump.
8. Install the dipstick support bolt.
9. Install the thermostat housing.
10. Install crankshaft damper (Refer to 9 – ENGINE/ENGINE BLOCKNIBRATION DAMPER – INSTALLATION).
11. Install accessory drive belt tensioner assembly and both idler pulleys.
12. Install radiator lower hose.
13. Install both heater hoses.
14. Install the cooling module.
15. Install the accessory drive belt.
16. Install the coolant bottle and washer bottle.
17. Install the upper radiator hose.
18. Install the air cleaner assembly.
19. Fill cooling system.
20. Refill engine oil.
21. Connect the battery negative cable.