General Information Installations can vary from OEM to OEM. Use the following steps as a…
5.7 Hemi – ENGINE REMOVAL
1. Perform the Fuel System Pressure Release procedure (Refer to 14 ~ FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL DELIVERY – STANDARD PROCEDURE).
2. Disconnect the battery negative ‘cable.
3. Remove the air cleaner resonator and duct work as an assembly.
4. Drain cooling system (Refer to 7 – COOLING – STANDARD PROCEDURE).
5. Remove the viscous fan/drive (Refer to 7 . COOLING/ENGINE/RADIATOR FAN – REMOVAL).
6. Remove the accessory drive belt “(Refer to 7 – COOLING/ACCESSORY DRIVE/DRIVE BELTS – REMOVAL).
7. Remove the fan shroud (3).
8. Remove radiator (1) (Refer to 7 – COOLING/ENGINE/RADIATOR – REMOVAL).
9. Remove the upper crossmember and top core support.
NOTE: It is not necessary to drain Ale system for engine removal.
10. Remove the A/C compressor (2) with the lines attached. Secure compressor out of the way.
11. Remove generator assembly (2) (Refer to 8 – ELECTRICAUCHARGING/GENERATOR REMOVAL).
12. Remove the intake manifold and IAFM as an assembly (Refer to 9 – ENGINE/MANIFOLDS/INTAKE MANIFOLD – REMOVAL).
13. Disconnect the heater hoses.
NOTE: It is not necessary to disconnect PIS hoses from pump, for PIS pump removal.
14. Remove the power steering pump and set aside.
15. Disconnect the fuel supply line (Refer to 14 – FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL DELIVERY/QUICK CONNECT FITTING – STANDARD PROCEDURE).
16. Raise and support the vehicle on a hoist and drain the engine oil.
17. Remove engine front mount through bolt nuts.
18. Remove right side axle retaining bolts.
19. Disconnect the transmission oil cooler lines from their retainers at the oil pan bolts.
20. Disconnect exhaust pipe at manifolds (2).
21. Disconnect the starter wires. Remove starter motor (1) (Refer to 8 – ELECTRICAUSTARTINGI
STARTER MOTOR – REMOVAL).
22. Remove the structural dust cover (1) and transmission inspection cover, (Refer to 9 – ENGINE/ENGINE
BLOCK/STRUCTURAL COVER REMOVAL) .
23. Remove drive plate to converter bolts (Automatic transmission equipped vehicles).
24. Remove transmission bell housing to engine block bolts (2).
25. Lower the vehicle.
NOTE: Do not use air tools to install engine lift fixture 8984 (2).
26. Install engine lift fixture 8984 (2). Do not use adapter (4)
27. Separate engine from transmission, remove engine from vehicle, and install engine assembly on a repair stand.