5.7 Hemi – HEAD-CYLINDER – REMOVAL
1. Perform the Fuel System Pressure Release procedure (Refer to 14 – FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL DELIVERY – STANDARD PROCEDURE). Disconnect the fuel supply line (Refer to 14 – FUEL SYSTEMI FUEL DELIVERY/QUICK CONNECT FITTING – STANDARD PROCEDURE).
2. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
3. Drain cooling system (Refer to 7 – COOLING – STANDARD PROCEDURE).
4. Remove the air cleaner resonator and duct work.
5. Remove closed crankcase ventilation system.
6. Disconnect the exhaust at the exhaust manifolds.
7. Disconnect the evaporation control system.
8. Disconnect heater hoses.
9. Remove the power steering pump.
10. Remove cylinder head cover bolts as shown.
11. Remove cylinder head covers (1). using the sequence provided, and gaskets (2). (Refer to 9 –
ENGINE/CYLINDER HEAD/CYLINDER HEAD COVER(S) – REMOVAL)
12. Remove intake manifold and throttle body as an assembly. (Refer to 9 – ENGINEIMANIFOLDSIIN-
TAKE MANIFOLD – REMOVAL).
13. Remove rocker arm assemblies and push rods.
Identify to ensure installation in original locations.
(Refer to 9 – ENGINE/CYLINDER HEAD/ROCKER ARM / ADJUSTER ASSY – REMOVAL).
14. Remove the head bolts from each cylinder head, using the sequence provided, and remove cylinder heads. Discard the cylinder head gasket.