NOTE: Two dowels are used in each cylinder head to align the exhaust manifold assembly.…
5.7 Hemi – MANIFOLD – EXHAUST – REMOVAL
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Raise vehicle.
3. Remove exhaust pipe to manifold bolts.
4. Lower vehicle.
5. Install engine support fixture special tool #8534.
6. Raise engine enough to remove manifolds.
CAUTION: Do not damage engine harness while raising the engine.
7. Remove heat shield.
8. Remove manifold bolts using sequence provided.
9. Remove manifold and gasket.