Draining 1. Release the pressure in the cooling system. Make sure the engine is cool.…
7.3L Power Stroke – POWER STEERING SYSTEM BLEEDING
1. Remove the power steering reservoir cap. Check the fluid level. Raise the front wheels off the floor. Tightly insert the stopper of the Vacuum Pump Kit (416-D002, D95L-7559-A) into the reservoir. See Fig. 4.
2. Apply and maintain maximum vacuum. Cycle the steering wheel fully to the left and right 10 times. Release the vacuum and remove the vacuum pump.
3. Fill the power steering reservoir. Start the engine. Reinstall the vacuum pump. Apply and maintain maximum vacuum.
4. Cycle the steering wheel fully to the left and right 10 times. Stop the engine, release the vacuum, and remove the vacuum pump.
5. Lower the vehicle. Install the power steering reservoir cap. Check for fluid leaks at all of the connections. If the power steering fluid shows signs of air, repeat this procedure.