Category Archives for 5.7 Hemi
1. Install timing chain tensioner (2). 2. Install timing chain (Refer to 9 – ENGINENALVE TIMINGITIMING BELT/CHAIN AND SPROCKETS – INSTALLATION).
1. Remove timing chain (Refer to 9 – ENGINENALVE TIMING/TIMING BELT/CHAIN AND SPROCKETS- REMOVAL). 2. Remove timing chain tensioner (2).
The timing chain tensioner is a stamped steel constant tension mechanical design. It is mounted to the front of the engine, behind the timing chain drive. OPERATION The timing chain tension is maintained by routing the timing chain through the … Continue reading
1. If tensioner (1) assembly is being replaced. install tensioner and mounting bolts. Tighten bolts to 28 N·m (250 in. Ibs.). 2. Retract tensioner (2) if required. CAUTION: The timing chain must be installed with the single plated link aligned … Continue reading
1. Disconnect battery negative cable. 2. Drain cooling system. 3. Remove liming Chain Cover (1). 4. Re-install the vibration damper bolt finger tight. Using a suitable socket and breaker bar, rotate the crankshaft to align timing chain sprockets and keyways … Continue reading
1. Clean timing chain cover and block surface. NOTE: Always install a new gasket on timing cover. 2. Verify that the slide bushings (1) are installed in timing cover. 3. Install cover and new gasket. Tighten fasteners to 28 N·m … Continue reading
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable. 2. Remove the engine cover. 3. Remove air cleaner assembly. 4. Drain cooling system. 5. Remove accessory drive belt. 6. Remove fan and fan drive assembly. 7. Remove coolant bottle and washer bottle. 8. … Continue reading
1. Install manifold gasket and manifold. 2. Install manifold bolts and tighten using sequence provided to 25 N·m (18 ft. Ibs.). 3. Install heat shield and tighten nuts to 15 N·m (11 ft. Ibs.). 4. Lower engine. CAUTION: Do not … Continue reading
Inspect manifold for cracks. Inspect mating surfaces of manifold for flatness with a straight edge. Gasket surfaces must be flat within 0.2 mm per 300 mm (0.008 inch per foot).
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. 2. Raise vehicle. 3. Remove exhaust pipe to manifold bolts. 4. Lower vehicle. 5. Install engine support fixture special tool #8534. 6. Raise engine enough to remove manifolds. CAUTION: Do not damage engine harness while … Continue reading