1. Park the tractor on a flat place.
2. Inflate the tires to the specified pressure.
3. Turn steering wheel so front wheels are in the straight ahead position.
4. Lower the implement, lock the parking brake and stop the engine.
5. Measure distance between tire beads at front of tire, hub height.
6. Measure distance between tire beads at rear of tire, hub height.
7. Front distance should be 2 to 8 mm (0.08 to 0.3 in.) less than rear distance.
8. If the measurement is not within the factory specifications, adjust by changing the tie-rod length.
1. Loosen the tie-rod lock nut (1) and turn the turnbuckle (2) to adjust the tie-lock rod length until the proper toe-in
measurement is obtained.
2. Retighten the tie-rod lock nut (1).
A right and left tie-rod joint should be adjusted to the same length.