1. Remove the screw (1) and take out the spring and ball.
2. Tap out the spring pin (2).
3. Draw out the fork rod (3) to the front and take out the shift fork (4) and balls.
4. Remove the internal cir-clip (11), (12).
5. Tap out the counter shaft (13) to the rear.
• When drawing out the counter shaft, take out the following parts one by one: thrust collar (6), 32T gear (7), 41T gear (8) and 45T gear (9) and 45T gear (10).
• Apply molybdenum disulfide (Three Bond 1091 or equivalent) to the inner circumferential surface of the spline boss.
• Point the oil groove side of thrust collar (6) towards the spline boss.
• With the snap rings in position, make sure that the 32T and 45T gears turn smoothly.