1. Move the brake cam lever by hand to check the movement.
2. If the movement is heavy, refine the brake cam with sandpaper.
1. Remove the nut (1) on the brake cam (6).
2. Remove the brake cam (6) and brake cam lever (4).
• Apply grease to the O-ring (5) and take care not to damage them.
• Apply small amount of grease to the journal A to prevent rust problem that leads to lock up.
It is possible to disassemble as shown in the figure above.
• Place the brake discs (4) so that the hole (A) of the second disc should be overlapped 50 % or more.
1. Remove the suction pipe (1).
2. Remove the brake rod (2).
3. Separate the brake case (4), tapping the brake cam lever (3).
• Apply grease to the brake ball seats. (Do not grease excessively.)
• Apply liquid gasket (Three Bond 1206C or equivalent) to joint face of the brake case and transmission case, after eliminating the water, oil and stuck liquid gasket.
• Before installing the brake case to the transmission case, install the cam plate around the four protrusions on the differential bearing case.
• Apply liquid lock (Three Bond 1324 or equivalent) to the stud bolts.
• Be sure to check there are 6 balls one side.
• Take care not to damage the O-rings (7).
• If the O-rings (7) are damaged, change them.
1. Loosen and remove the rear axle case mounting screws and nuts.
2. Support the rear axle case (1) with the nylon lift strap and hoist.
3. Separate the rear axle case from brake case.
4. Follow the same procedure as above for the other side.
• Apply liquid gasket (Three Bond 1206C or equivalent) to joint face of the rear axle case and brake case, after eliminating the water, oil and stuck liquid gasket.
1. Remove the fender (R.H.) (1).
2. Remove the grip (2) and the fender support assembly (3).
3. Follow the same procedure as above for the other side.
1. Disconnect the 4P connector (1) and the 1P connector (2).
2. Remove the seat switch (3) from seat adjuster and disconnect the 3P connector (4).
3. Disconnect the 2P connectors (5) and PTO wire (6).
1. Place the disassembling stand under the transmission case.
2. Remove the ROPS upper frame (1).
3. Remove the ROPS lower frame (2).
4. Loosen and remove the rear wheel mounting screws and nuts.
5. Remove the rear wheel (4).
• After tighten the ROPS fulcrum screw (3) and nut, install the cotter pin (6) as shown in the figure.
• Tighten the ROPS fulcrum screw (3) and nut so that the ROPS upper frame (1) does not fall down when the ROPS upper frame (1) positioned at horizontal.
• Do not firmly tighten all upper frame mounting screws until most components are attached.
1. Remove the top link (1).
2. Remove the rubber spring (2), the lift rod (3) and the lower link (4).
KUBOTA – L2501 – BRAKES – DISASSEMBLING AND ASSEMBLING – Battery Negative Cable and Front Axle Rocking Restrictor
1. To open the bonnet, hold the bonnet with a hand and pull the release lever and open the bonnet.
2. Disconnect the battery negative cable (1).
3. Install the front axle rocking restrictor (2) (refer to “SPECIAL TOOLS” (see page G-55)) to the front axle bracket and chock the wheels.