Before performing the diagnosis procedures on the vehicle, make sure the system wiring is good and the belt is not slipping. Also, the battery must be fully charged for a valid test of the charging system.
NOTICE: To avoid damage to the vehicle electrical system, observe the following pre cautions:
• Do not polarize the generator.
• Do not short across or ground any of the terminals in the charging circuit except as specifically instructed herein.
• NEVER disconnect the output terminal while the generator is operating.
• Make sure the generator and battery have the same ground polarity.
• When connecting a charger or booster battery to the vehicle battery, connect negative to negative and positive to positive.