Installation: Supply pump
• Remove the oil filler cap.
• Bring the No. 1 cylinder piston to the top dead center (TDC) on the compression stroke according to the following procedure:
• Rotate the crankshaft pulley in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration until its notch aligns with the “0” scale mark on the timing gear case.
• This will place either the No. 1 or No. 4 cylinder piston at TDC on the compression stroke.
The No. 1 cylinder piston is at TDC if the camshaft projections visible through the oil filler cap mounting hole are facing upward.
Rotate the engine by one full turn to switch the TDCs of the No. 1 and No. 4 cylinder pistons.
• Align the notch on the flange plate with the notch on the supply pump gear.
• Check that the notch on the flange plate and the notch on the supply pump gear are correctly aligned, and then push the supply pump.
•Installation: Fuel pipe
– Ensure that the pipe and mounting surfaces of the connector are flat and free from damage.
– Bring the pipe into intimate contact with mounting surfaces of the connector evenly, and temporarily tighten it without applying an excessive force.
– Tighten it to the specified torque after temporary tightening.
•Installation: Fuel hose and clamp
Connect the fuel hose with the supply pump side of it installed all the way to the supply pump. As to the fuel suction pipe side, install it in the illustrated position. Fasten clamps in the illustrated direction.