The PCM has the abil ity to determine the amount of offset needed to bring the engine to top dead center. This is used by the PCM to determine proper injection time.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition switch in the ON position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
• The TDC offset is greater than 2.46 degrees
• The TDC Offset is less than -2.46 degrees.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The PCM illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive drive trip that the diagnostic runs and fails.
• The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the Failure Records will store this information. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive drive trip, the Freeze Frame records the operating conditions at the time of failure and updates the Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
• The PCM will turn the MIL off after three consecutive trips without a fault condition.
• A History DTC clears after forty consecutive warm-up cycles, if this or any other emission related diagnostic does not report any failures
• The use of a scan tool.
The PCM will onl y run the diagnostic test when a time set procedure has been activated. It is highly unlikely that the vehicle will be brought in with this DTC set. Refer to TDC Offset Adjustment.