The injection pump fuel supply line has a solenoid controlled shutoff located in the injection pump. When the solenoid is energized (key in the run position), the valve is open and fuel is supplied to the injection pump. By providing a ground path, the PCM energizes the solenoid.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition switch in the ON position or the engine is operating.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
• The PCM has requested the ESO ON and the control circuit voltage at the PCM is more than 8 volts.
• All of the diagnostic set conditions met for 2 seconds.
• The PCM has requested the ESO OFF and the control circuit voltage at the PCM is less than 8 volts.
• Al l of the diagnostic set conditions met for 2 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The PCM will not illuminate the mal function indicator lamp (MIL).
• The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will store in the Failure Records.
Conditions fo r Clearing the MIL/DTC
• A History DTC clears after forty consecutive warm-up cycles, if this or any other emission related diagnostic does not report any failures
• The use of a scan tool.
An open in the control circuit or the ignition feed circuit will cause a P0215. Also a no start condition will exist. The scan tool has the ability to turn the engine shutoff solenoid ON and OFF. This can be used as a quick operational check.
An intermittent may be caused by any of the following conditions:
• A poor connection
• Rubbed through wire insulation
• A broken wire inside the insulation
Thoroughly check any circuitry that is suspected of causing the intermittent complaint. Refer to Intermittents and Poor Connections Diagnosis in Wiring Systems. If a repair is necessary, then refer to Wiring Repairs or Connector R epairs in Wiring Systems.
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.
3. This step will check the ESO control circuit for an open.
10. After repairing the circuit for a short to voltage, check the solenoid for proper operation.