The accelerator pedal position (APP) module provides a voltage signal that changes relative to accelerator pedal position. There are three sensors located within the APP module that are scaled differently.
Conditions for Running the DTC
• The PCM performs this DTC diagnostic continuously.
• The ignition switch in the ON position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
• The 5 reference voltage on the APP 2 sensor is less than 4.8 volts.
• All of the diagnostic set conditions met for 2 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The PCM will turn ON the Service Throttle Soon lamp and limit power.
• The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will store in the Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the WIIL/DTC
• A History DTC clears after forty consecutive warm-up cycles, if this or any other emission related diagnostic does not report any failures
• The use of a scan tool.
The most likely cause of this DTC is loose connectors or terminals. All 5 volt reference circuits must be checked for proper reference voltage. Volt meter accuracy is important.
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.
2. This step will determine if there is a good voltage reference.