– Park machine safely. (See procedure in Section 10, Group 05.)
 – Allow engine to cool.
 – Remove hood and side panels.
 – Shut off fuel valve on fuel filter. Disconnect and plug fuel lines.
 – Disconnect negative cable from battery.
 – Loosen clamp (A) on air intake hose. Remove cap screws (B). Remove air cleaner and hose as an assembly.
 – Drain coolant and remove upper and lower radiator hoses.
 – Remove two cap screws (C) on each side securing nose piece to frame.
 – Remove flange nut (D), and cap screws and nuts (E) from support. Remove support.
 – Tilt radiator and nose piece forward a few inches (do not use excessive force) for access to fan bolts.
 – Remove four bolts securing fan and spacer to water pump. Remove fan and spacer.
 – Disconnect battery cable and positive connectors (F) and solenoid exciter wire (G) from starting motor.
 – Disconnect alternator connectors (H). Remove bolt securing harness clamps (I).
 – Remove exhaust pipe clamp (J) and support bolt (K). Remove exhaust pipe.
 – Disconnect wire from coolant temperature sensor (L).
 – Remove cap screw (M) securing ground strap and wires to engine.
 – Disconnect glow plug harness connector (N).
 – Disconnect fuel shutoff solenoid connector (O).
 – Loosen jam nuts (P) on throttle cable and disconnect throttle cable from throttle control lever.
 – Disconnect oil pressure switch (Q).
 – Remove three bolts (R) connecting driveshaft coupling to flywheel.
 – Install lift rings to engine. Install lift sling or chain to lift rings, ensuring that no damage is done to rear fuel injector and high-pressure fuel line.
 – Remove engine mounting bolts, washers, and nuts (S) on both sides of engine.
 – Lift engine slightly and check that flywheel coupling disconnects from flywheel.
 – →NOTE:
Have an assistant help maneuver engine out of machine.
Simultaneously hoist engine and turn front of engine to right to clear radiator. Hoist engine out of frame.
 – Lower engine onto wood blocks to prevent damage to oil pan or front cover.