– Check injection pump static timing. (See Check Injection Pump Static Timing in this Group.)
 – If the timing is not to specification, loosen the three injection pump mounting nuts (A).
Tighten nuts to specification.
 – Turn the pump toward engine block to retard the timing or away to advance the timing.
Recheck the static timing.
 – If the timing did not change remove the injection pump and have it tested by an authorized diesel injection service shop.
 – If the timing is correct, remove the static timing tool, and install injection lines. Tighten line nuts to specification.