Inspection: Wear of the ring gear
• If the measurement exceeds the limit, replace the ring gear.
Replacement of the ring gear
• Heat the ring gear evenly with a gas burner or the like until it reaches approximately 200°C, then remove it from the flywheel.
• Heat the ring gear evenly with a gas burner or the like until it reaches approximately 200°C.
• Fit the ring gear with the side having non-chamfered tooth edge toward the flywheel.
(1) Friction surface height
• If the height is below the specified limit, replace the flywheel.
(2) Friction surface distortion
• If the measured amount is above the specified limit, rectify or replace the flywheel.
Rectification of flywheel
• Rectify the friction surface so that its height is not below the specified limit, and it is parallel with surface A with an error not exceeding 0.1 mm.