( 1 ) Preliminary Check
With the tractor engine OFF, perform the following checks:
– Inspect the front tires for wear and correct tire pressure for application.
– Inspect the front axle for wear or loose parts such as tie rod, spindles, tires and rims.
– Inspect all steering lines, fittings and cylinders for leaks and/or damage.
– Check to ensure that tractor has the correct type and quantity of hydraulic oil.
– Inspect oil for excessive amounts of air, moisture, or other contaminants.
– Inspect exterior of steering valve for damage, leaks, or loose fittings.
YES: Steering operates properly. Go to next check.
NO: Make any necessary repairs. Return to diagnosis in process.