1. Put a strip of plastigage on the center of the journal.
2. Install the bearing case and tighten the baring case screws 1 to the specified torque, and remove the bearing case again.
3. Measure the amount of the flattening with the scale and get the oil clearance.
4. If the clearance exceeds the allowable limit, replace the crankshaft bearing 2.
5. If the same size bearing is useless because of the crankshaft journal wear, replace it with an undersize one referring to the table and figure.
• Undersize dimensions of crankshaft journal