The accelerator pedal position (APP) module provides a voltage signa l that changes relative to accelerator pedal position. There are three sensors located within the APP module that are scaled differently.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition switch in the ON position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The PCM has recognized an intermittent APP fault and there are no other current APP faults stored.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• Vehicle will operate at limited power.
• The PCM will not illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).
• The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information is stored in the Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
• A History DTC clears after forty consecutive warm-up cycles, if this or any other emission related diagnostic does not report any failures
• The use of a scan tool.
A DTC P1125 will set along with multiple APP DTCs. All other DTCs should be diagnosis first.
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.
2. This step determines if DTC P1125 is a hard failure or an intermittent condition.